Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Year @ Chennai and CTS

Today I completed one full year at CTS (Cognizant Technology Solutions) in Chennai. Gosh!! Time flies. It just seems like yesterday when I had boarded the early morning flight after bidding good bye to Delhi NCR.

Chennai and CTS have been a mixed bag for me over the last year. It has been good for me on the professional front while a tad bad on the personal front for me.

The goods being....
  • Started working on one of the latest versions of Oracle WCI.
  • Worked with one of the top 4 companies in India and one of the fastest growing companies of the world.
  • Got instant recognition from client and colleagues for the efforts I put in.
  • Learned a lot about my nemesis, BEA Publisher (PS... I am still shit scared of it).
  • Got to eat a lot of sea-food.
  • Getting time to indulge in my passion of reading novels (Having spent over 8000 bucks on novels last year).
The not so good things being....
  • Lost all my friends at Delhi,NCR.
  • Missed looking at the hot girls of NCR.
  • Fell horribly ill and had to be hospitalized for over a week in Chennai.
  • Able to catch one movie a month instead of the four every month in NCR.
  • Miss going to a good Pub/Bar with wifey here at Chennai.
  • Missing the chilly winters and sleeping under 3 blankets with socks on
Six each for good and not so good........not bad...seem to balance each other out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment