Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hospitals and Fantasies




Before you begin..lemme confess this is an A rated story...so read on at your own discretion..... :)


Hospitals and Fantasies.....might sound strange but to me they sound perfectly normal...lolz.....Hospitals scare the shit out of me.... I had my fair share of Hospital visits during my 20 something years of life.....but never for myself.....no wait..i had been once for a surgery as a kid...but thats another blog post....I had had many visits to the hospital, courtesy ailing grandparents and cousins of the extended family producing babies at the rate which was scary.....but that was all... I had never myself slept on a hospital bed....nor had I been checked upon by a doctor ever...apart from Dad...My Dad was the marvel of the family....the only doctor among 5 other siblings all of whom turned out to be engineers.... Dad being a marvel...meant he was the family Dentist/Obstetrician/Surgeon/Pathologist/Neuro Surgeon/Dermatologist/Psychiatrist/Urologist/Oncologist/Gastroentrologist.....but primarily a Dentist. He was the all in all doctor for the whole family.....while teeth were his forte, he could dish out advice for any ailment under the sun...from cures to pimples for cousins in line for marriage to aunties having stomachaches to be confirmed later as yet another case of pregnancy.....lolz

Last year, I moved to Chennai and after the relative gorging on Chicken the favorite non-veg of north India, I got a chance to gorge myself on sea food in South India. Gorge I did....a little too much I guess.... I suffered from a viral/bacterial/fungal infection (Doctors couldn’t pinpoint it)....which soon threatened to become life threatening....When fevers of 105.....did not subside for 3 days.....I had to be admitted to a Hospital.....Hospital!!! I got the heebi jeebies when I learnt from wifey that she was taking me there......I was too weak to say no and became unconscious....I woke up when the damn doctor stabbed my arm with a syringe.....Damn you doctors and damn your weapons of choice...the bloody syringes.....I mean the soldiers and come to think of it even the terrorists are better off death masters....they have impressive weaponry to boast off and you can at least see your death approaching with AK 47’s, Beretta’s, Bazooka’s, Grenades, Rocket Launchers....but doctors with their tiny syringes...Nah!! Never!!! Not!!!

I had to be there for over 7 days.....but the damn syringes, the bloody blood/platelet transfusion and the colorless IV fluids did start to take effect and my fever subsided.....Hospitals are  places of miracles and their halls are frequented by Gods who snatch life from the jaws of death everyday.....but nevertheless they also form the background for many a child's fantasy.....Yeah! U heard me right....erotic fantasy.....lolz......Don't fret and start passing judgements on me.....I mean come'on where else do you get to see girls....wearing short skirts in India....and especially in a more conservative place like Orissa......Thank God...Dad was a doctor and that meant I got more opportunities to go to hospitals....lolz.....But in my case the hospital being in Chennai.....none of the nurses were the pretty girls I had been dreaming off....Of course....my libido was working fine...for God's sake....I was unwel...but my loins still stirred ;-) but alas!!!! my fantasies of frolicking with nurses was going to remain a fantasy...lolz...

PS: The day wifey reads this line...she's gonna kill me.....because when I myself had started thinking about heavens and the apsaras and angels...she was the one who stood beside me steadfastly, took care of me and brought me back on my feet.....

Do post your comments over here....if you like the post :)

5 comments: