Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Innocence At Its Best

I call up my mother everyday as I know she feels restless if she does not speak with me. Yesterday I had called her up as usual at 8:30 PM and to my surprise my niece picked up the phone (she must have won the race to the landline telephone beating my mother to it). My niece, Titiksha, is three and a half years old and seldom talks to me over the phone except whenever she feels like reciting the latest poem she has learned at playschool.

After first complaining that "Maa, is not allowing me to see Chota Bheem on TV", she asked if she can ask a question. When I replied in the affirmative. Pat came the query, "Where is the new little baby, who was supposed to come to your house?"

The question was asked with so much of innocence that I could not help smiling. She must have been thinking about asking this to me for quiet sometime, however she must have been asked never to ask this question  to either me or Vidisha by my brother and sister in law after our daughter Mayra passed away.. Finally she had got the opportunity to ask this question and her curiosity got the better of her.

I had still not replied to her, when she repeated the question again. I told her, the baby went back away as she did not like our house.

Hmmm!! She mulled over my answer for a couple of seconds before telling, "Don't worry a new baby will come over soon who will like your house".

Innocence at its best...I sure hope her words are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment