Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Gal


364 days have passed since I came visiting Ma and Pa. I hear that the earth revolves around the sun once every 365 days. That means tomorrow the earth will be at the exact same position relative to the sun as it was when I came visiting before returning back.

My first memory is of Ma looking at me teary eyed while I looked back at her teary eyed myself. Ma was exhausted and crying with the pain of labor while I found the first moments outside of my cozy room for the last 9 months a little bit unnerving. The harsh lights and the loud noise of voices in that sterile smelling room were all overwhelming to me. Ma's cooing voice made me stop crying because I remember hearing her soothing voice every day. After settling in her arms I tried to single out the other voice I had heard for the past 9 months. But that voice was not audible to me. Later I found out that Pa had never been there when I came out. That self-obsessed snob was still  in office in faraway Chennai.

Pa came calling the next day. A full 20 hours after I had come out. Can you imagine? They say, 'first impression is the last impression'. No doubt, Pa didn't leave a good impression on me. I would have been the bigger person and forgiven Pa. However the first thing which he did on seeing me was kiss Ma in the cheeks. Gross!!! Hello!! I am the newcomer here, not Ma. Look at me when you are in the room with me. Nah!! After a full 5 minutes of hugging Ma, did Pa finally turn his attention to me. The nerve of that guy named Pa, the first thing he did was flick out his mobile and click a smiling selfie along with me. Self-obsessed snob I decided is the correct name for Pa. I didn't like Pa’s ham-handed behavior  at all and burst into tears as soon as Pa lifted me in his arms. I didn't understand though, Pa had tears in his eyes too when he hug me the first time.

Although Pa got off on the wrong foot with me, he was not too bad a person. I could hear him cooing to Ma, "How beautiful our little bundle of joy is?" Pa seemed to be always there looking at me whenever I opened my eyes. Ma used to scold Pa to keep my voice down and stop clicking selfies with me always there in the frame lest I get disturbed.

Pa says he likes history a lot. However Ma say's "Who in the correct frame of mind likes history?" You see I like Ma. After all I spent 9 months as a tenant inside her. So I tend to see eye to eye with Ma more than Pa and therefore I have decided I too don't like history. I have already dwelled on the past a lot, and the past my friend is called history. So let’s cut to present day again.

Tomorrow will be an anniversary. An anniversary of my first full year here. I expect nothing less than being treated like a Princess from heaven. A new beautiful fairy dress with the works including a tiara and a magic wand. A big party. A colorful cake. A magician doing magic tricks especially pulling the rabbit out of the hat. No clowns though, cause clowns with their big red colored lips scare me. Lots of other kids. Foot tapping music so that some of the other kids can shake a leg and entertain me and if I am in the mood who knows I might join them and shake a leg too. Food should be yummilicious although I am not sure how yummilicious tastes because I haven't had the chance to taste anything other than milk. But who cares, I like the word " yummilicious " so the food in the party should be "yummilicious" and nothing less than that. I almost forgot this last one. I want that big...bigger....biggest brown Teddy from Hamleys as a gift from Pa.

I have been rambling along for too long now. I guess I got that gene from Pa. Pa and Ma must be busy getting things in order for my big day tomorrow. But what is it I see. Pa and Ma have been sitting quietly on the sofa without even talking to each other let alone planning my birthday. Ma turns to Pa and tells, "I miss her. She would have turned one tomorrow, if she would have been alive." Pa keeps quiet while a tear burns its way down his cheek.

I tell you, crybabies, both of them. So what if I had to leave the both of them and return back to God after spending just 6 days with them that doesn’t mean they will continue to pine for me even today. I mean, come on guys, it’s been a year now. Ma and Pa, you should have been planning a big party for me. Anyways I will be the bigger person here and forgive both of you. It’s pretty late now and the grand plans for my first birthday party cannot materialize in such a short deadline. At the very least get a pastry and cut it on my behalf and mind it the pastry has to be of the “yummilicious” flavor.

 


5 comments:

  1. A tear rolled down my cheeks too after reading this. God bless you two and the ' bigger person ' who forgave you. The fairies must be celebrating her birthday 🎂....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless.. Sad :-( ... But be sure, she'll be, wherever she is, happy and joyous, because there is no more tears in heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any words can' suffice for your emotions. But be sure, your baby girl would come back..much better, healthier & with loads of luck & best wishes in near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( u guys r the bestest...and am sure Almighty will bless you soon !!
    Sri would be the bestest dad and Vidu the most caring mom:)
    Stay Strong......
    Love u guys......
    -Purva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to say bro, that your thoughts and emotions are precious and more so because of the the way you express them. God Bless you both and i'm sure your little bundle of joy will be back again very soon.

    ReplyDelete